Becky Kuhn, M.D. explains the top ten reasons to take an HIV test:
(1) If you are HIV positive, getting treatment early can save your life.
(2) If you are HIV positive, practicing safer sex techniques can save your partner's life.
(3) If you are HIV positive and pregnant, getting treatment can prevent your unborn child from contracting HIV.
(4) You may have been exposed to HIV without realizing it.
(5) You can be HIV positive and not even know it.
(6) Being tested for HIV is quick, easy, and free.
(7) Your privacy is protected.
(8) The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that all adults be tested for HIV.
(9) You'll be doing your part in the global fight against HIV.
(10) If you are confirmed HIV negative, you'll stop worrying you might be HIV positive.